May 17, 2013

Who are we?

Family diversity. There are so many different types of families now a days. In class this week, we are talking about social class, culture, and diversity. I think it's important to know that all families are different because we all come from different places. Our social class and culture really does influence in how we interact within the family. I am Mexican and I love it!! It influence what kind of music I listen to, what I eat, and the language I speak.We have the chance to decide what we want to include or change in our families, either good or bad. I will then have the opportunity to decide what my future husband and I want to incorporate in our family and decide where we want to live and the things we can provide for our children. I'm an very excited for when that day comes!!!
On another note, another thing I learned was about respect and tolerance. It really comes down to our perspective. We must come to respect all people but also not to tolerate the things we know to be wrong. I thought that was an important thing to put out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment